Please address inquiries to:
MODBASE contains theoretically calculated models, not experimentally determined structures. The models may contain significant errors.
Model Details Example
Database ID: Q12321
This page makes all models and model details for one sequence available.
- The current model is shown prominently.
- Additional models are accessible through their thumbnails.
- Use the Perform action pull-down menu for
- Various ModBase representations
- links to UCSF Chimera
Models for several sequences are displayed on the Sequence Overview page.
- A coverage sketch illustrates sequence section(s) covered by a model
- The sketch also links to the Model Details page.
Users of ModBase are requested to cite this article in their publications:
MODBASE, a database of annotated comparative protein structure models and associated resources.
Ursula Pieper, Benjamin M. Webb, Guang Qiang Dong, Dina Schneidman-Duhovny, Hao Fan,
Seung Joong Kim, Natalia Khuri, Yannick G. Spill, Patrick Weinkam, Michal Hammel,
John A. Tainer, Michael Nilges, Andrej Sali
Nucleic Acids Research 42
, D336-46, 2014.
MODBASE is maintained by Ben Webb in the group of Andrej Sali
, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences and California Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Research, Mission Bay Campus, Byers Hall, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158-2330. Please address all inquiries to .